Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rude, Crude and Socially Unexceptable

I sit and watch children's cartoons with my 8 year old daughter and can't believe some of the words I hear. I know kids will learn these words in daily life but to learn them from T.V. annoys me. Let me share some with you. I'll start out easy: burp, fart, poop, pee, stop me if you've heard this. Then I've also heard snot, vomit, puke, ralph, booger and diarrhea. Should I stop here? Na, might as well finish it off with projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea. Could you imagine if Fred Flintstone ripped a fart while at work or Andy Griffith asked Barney Fife to cover for him while he has explosive diarrhea? What if Butch threatened to shoot a snot at the girls trying to gain entry into the "The He Man Women Haters Club"? Lets hock a loogy. My daughter will spit and tell me she hocked a loogy. When asked what that means, she doesn't know. She just heard it on T.V.

1 comment:

  1. I miss the Little Rascals and REAL Saturday morning cartoons

    ReplyDelete