Sunday, August 29, 2010

True Happiness

Have we really ever experience true happiness? We talk about the happiness we find from the little things in life, but I'm not so sure we really experience it. My daughter and I were at the park when a bicycle-built-for-two pulled up with 2 men on it. No one paid much attention until we began to hear strange, animal like sounds. Everyone's head turned in the direction of the swings. It was obvious that the man on the swing was mentally challenged. He continued the sounds, but the more he spoke, the more happiness you could hear in his voice. After a while, the other man helped the man off the swing. The man began to jump and wave his arms in true happiness. It brought tears to my eye's that someone could experience such pure joy from swigging on a swing. The men mounted the bike and off they went, for what I'm sure is, his next experience of true happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment